The History of KARS
Kirchmayer Automotive Repair Service - KARS
After working and managing service centers of many dealerships in metro Atlanta/Marietta for 20+ years, Lawrence decided it was time to follow his dream of entrepreneurship. Larry and Janice together opened KARS on Lower Roswell Road in 1987.
In October 2000, Larry and Janice semi retired and moved to Ellijay. May of 2001 Larry suffered a heart attack and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Over the next 5 years, Janice focused all her time to care for and help Larry fight cancer.
Janice purchased Auto Doctor in December of 2006. She built the KARS Team with the help of her family and skilled technicians. She managed KARS in Ellijay with her heart and soul until she passed away in September 2017.
KARS is now managed by James Coleman.
As a TECHNET Professional Automotive Service center, we are committed to providing superior service to our customers and their vehicles. We stand behind everything we do with a Nationwide Warranty, supported by a network of independent repair shops across North America.
We operate our business based on sound business principles and uphold high ethical standards and therefore agree to:
• Ensure our entire staff is qualified, properly equipped and provided ongoing training.
• Act with professionalism, honesty and integrity at all times.
• Respect our customer’s time and property.
• Clearly explain all recommended maintenance and repair services.
• Provide a detailed estimate and obtain authorization prior to service.
• Deliver an itemized invoice for all parts and services.
• Display or provide a copy of parts and service warranty information.
• Uphold the highest standards of the automotive repair profession.
• Strive to be a positive influence in the automotive industry and our community.